We have recently updated our Kent County Website so do please, have a look around at our various events using the menu button at the top left of the screen!
Click Here For Invicta
(County Holding Branch)
Kent Poppy Appeal 2017
We are the nation's leading Armed Forces charity providing care and support to all members of the Armed Forces past and present and their families.
The public are generally aware of this during the Poppy Appeal and Remembrance period from late October to mid November and we receive fantastic support with the majority of people wearing poppies.
But our work for our Armed Service family contimues every day, and so we hope to have your support throughout the year. This can take many forms from a simple donation to the thrills of skydiving.
Click picture of Poppy to see a short video about the Four Pillars of the Royal British Legion
Take a look around our website, or follow us on Facebook Kent RBL or Facebook Kent Poppy to see how you can get involved.
HOW WE HELP
If you've served in the Forces or are the dependant of someone who has served, The Royal British Legion's services are available to help you. Around 9.5 million people in the UK are eligible for our support and we spend nearly £1.4 million a week helping those in the greatest need.
We hope to make fundraising here in Kent a rewarding experience - fundraising doesn't have to be daunting, and with our advice, tips and support, we know hope you'll find it simple and fun. See our fundraising pages for more information, and stand shoulder to shoulder with all who serve. Visit our Facebook Page Facebook here in Kent
Our volunteers and supporters form the backbone of the Legion. Without them we would miss not just the money thety raise on our behalf, but the enthusiam and human touch they bring to the work they do. See our Volunteering Opportunities page for more infomation.
The Legion was formed as a voice for the Armed Forces community. 360,000
members help us ensure that this voice does not go unheard.
We welcome all supporters of the Service community, you don't have to have an
Armed Forces background to join.
- Join a network of people who care about Armed Forces personnel,
ex-Servicemen and women and their families
- Show your support for our campaigning work for the Armed Forces
- Access unique discounts through the MOD Defence Discount Scheme and Rewards for Forces discounts
- Vote on the issues we champion and shape the way the Legion evolves
- Enjoy social and sports events and get
involved in one of our 50 bands
- Receive free copies of our bi-monthly Legion Magazine which keeps you up to date with news about the Legion's work around the UK and abroad
- Join one of 2500
branches nationwide or overseas
- Receive concessions on affiliated Legion products including Poppy Travel
- Take part in ceremonial events, indirectly through eligibility
to tickets for the Festival of Remembrance, or directly by becoming a Standard Bearer
- Youth members can take part in parades as youth standard bearers; learn to play a musical instrument; become a majorette and possibly take part in the annual Festival of Remembrance.
- Call into your nearest branch to fill in out a membership form
- Our online branch for Kent is Invicta
- Join either your county branch, a national branch or one of our an overseas branches. National branches have no geographical borders. They include:
- Youth membership is available for people aged 12 to 16 years
- Your support really matters
link to Facebook here in Kent