For many people, Remembrance is associated with the fallen of the First and Second World Wars. While we will always remember them, the Legion wants to raise awareness of a new generation of veterans and Service personnel that need our support.
Rethink Remembrance this Poppy Appeal.
The Royal British Legion provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community - serving men and women, veterans, and their families
We are the nation's leading Armed Forces charity providing care and support to all members of the Armed Forces past and present and their families.
The public are generally aware of this during the Poppy Appeal and Remembrance period from late October to mid November and we receive fantastic support with the majority of people wearing poppies.
But our work for our Armed Service family continues every day, and so we hope to have your support throughout the year. This can take many forms from a simple donation to the thrills of skydiving.
Take a look around our website, or follow us on Facebook, to see how you can get involved .
We now have a fundraising Events page. This can be found under News and Events for all Fundraisers taking place in Sussex.
Take a look at our News and Events Page ! This is being update on a regular basis with new events taking place around the County.
HOW WE HELP
If you've served in the Forces or are the dependent of someone who has served, The Royal British Legion's services are available to help you. Around 9.5 million people in the UK are eligible for our support and we spend nearly £1.4 million a week helping those in the greatest need.
We hope to make fundraising here in Sussex a rewarding experience - fundraising doesn't have to be daunting, and with our advice, tips and support, we know hope you'll find it simple and fun. See our fundraising pages for more information, and stand shoulder to shoulder with all who serve. Visit our Facebook Page Facebook here in Sussex
Visit www.britishlegion.org.uk for details of our national initiatives.
The total for the 2019/2020 Poppy Appeal collection here in Sussex is
Thank you for your continuing support and generosity. We will keep you posted on how the 2020/2021 Appeal progresses.
Take a look at our up coming events page and come and join us !!
Our volunteers and supporters form the backbone of the Legion. Without them we would miss not just the money thety raise on our behalf, but the enthusiam and human touch they bring to the work they do. If you would like to Volunteer in the South East please e-mail email@example.com
Online joining in now open
The Legion was formed as a voice for the Armed Forces community. 360,000 members help us ensure that this voice does not go unheard.
We welcome all supporters of the Service community, you don't have to have an Armed Forces background to join.
- Join a network of people who care about Armed Forces personnel, ex-Servicemen and women and their families
- Show your support for our campaigning work for the Armed Forces community
- Access unique discounts through the MOD Defence Discount Scheme and Rewards for Forces discounts
- Vote on the issues we champion and shape the way the Legion evolves
- Enjoy social and sports events and get involved in one of our 50 bands
- Receive free copies of our bi-monthly Legion Magazine which keeps you up to date with news about the Legion's work around the UK and abroad
- Join one of 2500 branches nationwide or overseas
- Receive concessions on affiliated Legion products including Poppy Travel
- Take part in ceremonial events, indirectly through eligibility to tickets for the Festival of Remembrance, or directly by becoming a Standard Bearer
- Youth members can take part in parades as youth standard bearers; learn to play a musical instrument; become a majorette and possibly take part in the annual Festival of Remembrance.
- Call into your nearest branch
- Membership costs £18 a year. Individual branches may also charge an administration fee
- Join either your county branch, a national branch or one of our an overseas branches. National branches have no geographical borders. They include:
- St James's Branch - the only online branch to offer club affiliation which entitles you to visit Legion Clubs
- The National Memorial Arboretum Branch
- Riders Branch
- Youth membership is available for people aged 12 to 16 years and is free until they age of 17.
- Your support really matters