Our County Welfare team is here to help. We are part of the Legion's extensive Poppy Support services. If you are serving, have served or are the dependent or carer of someone who has served in the UK's Armed Forces, then you are eligible for our help.
We can offer financial aid in an urgent crisis, help homeless ex-Service people get back on their feet, advise on compensation claims, offer careers advice for those looking to make a fresh start after leaving the Forces, arrange home or hospital visits and much more.
Please contact our County Welfare Officer to see how they can help you.
Our Health and Welfare support services are flexible and wide ranging. They include:
- Benefits and Money Advice - if you're having trouble paying the bills or think you might be entitled to benefits that you're not yet receiving, the Legion may be able to help.
- Immediate Needs Grants - if you're going through a sudden crisis or need help to meet unexpected expenses, the Legion can be there for you. Each year we help thousands of people by providing small hardship grants.
- Care Homes - we have six homes around the country providing short and long-term care for ex-Service people and their dependants.
- Independent Inquest Advice - the Legion provides a free, independent, professional service to the bereaved families of all Service personnel, including Reservists on active Service.
- Compensation Advice - We can help with both first claims and appeals to both the War Pensions Scheme and the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.