ACTS OF REMEMBRANCE 2018
As they do each year, the British community in Spain will mark "Remembrancetide" in many ways, often with a Church Service on or near to Remembrance Sunday. This year, Remembrance Sunday falls on Sunday 11th November 2018, exactly 100 years after the guns fell silent on the Western Front, marking the end of World War One.
The period of Remembrance within District North Spain begins with a Poppy Appeal Launch to be held in Benidorm on Friday, 19th October, details of which can be found at this link.
If you want to read more about the history behind some of the more familiar and poignant symbols used in Remembrance, you can do so here.
Details of individual Act of Remembrance across our area will be published here as they are received. If you need more information on any specific Act of Remembrance, please check the Branch website (access through this link or click on the Branch name below) or contact the Branch directly - you can find their contact details here.
- Saturday 10th November 2018
- Hondon Valley Branch - beginning at 11.00 in the Main Church in Hondon de los Frailes, congregation to be seated by 10.40.
- Torrevieja Branch - beginning at 10.45 in La Siesta Church Torrevieja, following a Parade beginning at 10.40, congregation to be seated by 10.30. After the service, wreaths and personal crosses may be laid on the Cenotaph located in the church garden.
- Sunday 11th November 2018
- Albox & Zurgena Branches - beginning at 10.30 in the church at Arboleas.
- Benidorm & District Branch - beginning at 11.00 in Ciudad Patricia, Benidorm. There will also be a fundraising afternoon at the Showboat in Benidorm, starting at 13.00.
- Gandia Branch - beginning at 12.00 at the Casa de Cultura in Barx (please note the change of venue) , congregation to be seated by 11.45.
- Javea Branch - begining at 15.00 in the "Fishermen's Church" in Calle Pio X, Javea Port.
- Orihuela Costa & District Branch - begining at 10.30 in the Capilla Mil Palmeras, Orihuela.
- Murcia & Pinoso Branches - a joint service beginning at 10.30 in the Parish Church of Saint Peter the Apostle in Calle Canalejas, following a Parade from the Theatre in Calle Jose Perez Ochoa from 10.00.