Welcome to The Royal British Legion in Somerset
County Office Move
The County Chairman and County Secretary are now located at Dunkirk Memorial House in Bishops Lydeard, near Taunton.
All Membership, Remembrance, Ceremonial, Legion in the Community, event planning queries and equipment loans should be directed to the new address, email or phone numbers.
Aticles intended for publication in the County Newsletter should be sent to the County Secretary at the email address given below.
Welfare enquiries should be directed to:- LEGIONLINE on 0808 8028080
The County Office postal address and contacts are below:-
|Dunkirk Memorial House
|email - KHurley@britishlegion.org.uk
|Tel - 01823 431 262
|Mobile - 07789 875 030
The Legion was formed as a voice for the Armed Forces community. 360,000 members help us ensure that this voice does not go unheard.
We welcome all supporters of the Service community - you don't have to have an Armed Forces background to join.
- Join a network of people who care about Armed Forces personnel, ex-Servicemen and women and their families
- Show your support for our campaigning work for the Armed Forces community
- Access unique discounts through the MOD Defence Discount Scheme and Rewards for Forces discounts
- Vote on the issues we champion and shape the way the Legion evolves
- Enjoy social and sports events and get involved in one of our 50 bands
- Receive free copies of our bi-monthly Legion Magazine which keeps you up to date with news about the Legion's work around the UK and abroad
- Join one of 2500 branches nationwide or overseas
- Receive concessions on affiliated Legion products including Remembrance Travel
- Take part in ceremonial events, indirectly through eligibility to tickets for the Festival of Remembrance, or directly by becoming a Standard Bearer
- Youth members can take part in parades as youth standard bearers; learn to play a musical instrument and possibly take part in the annual Festival of Remembrance.
We are here to administer and support the delivery of welfare services and the membership and fundraising activities of the Legion's branches and clubs throughout Somerset.
About The Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion is the nation's leading Armed Forces charity providing care and support to all members of the British Armed Forces past and present and their families. It is also the national Custodian of Remembrance and safeguards the Military Covenant between the nation and its Armed Forces. It is best known for the annual Poppy Appeal and its emblem the red poppy.
Visit www.britishlegion.org.uk for details of our national initiatives.