This volunteer role will work with the Regional and Community Fundraisers, and the Head Office Legacy team to promote the importance of legacies to a wide audience within the Kent Region.
The volunteers will be supported by the Legacy Department and Community Fundraiser. This support will include training, promotional literature and information on legacies received in their region.
- Maximise legacy promotion opportunities via regional fundraising, branch and volunteer networks and the general public. Talk to each network in the Kent Region to increase awareness of the need for legacies.
- Promote the work of the Legion and the importance of legacies through a programme of legacy receptions, events, presentations and public speaking.
- Respond to enquiries from individuals within the region interested in leaving a legacy to the Legion. These can either be handled directly or passed on to the Legacy Manager.
- Communicate accurately and effectively the process of making a Will, the benefit of different types of bequests and the need for proper legal advice.
- Advise the Community Fundraiser and Legacy Manager of additional requirements for promotional support and literature e.g. leaflets, posters, information manuals.
- Distribute such literature through the regional, branch and volunteer networks.
- Communicate details of any legacy pledgers to the Legacy Manager who will handle the 'thanking' process.
ROLE OF THE LEGACY DEPARTMENT
- Provide full training, promotional literature and general support
- Regional visits as necessary
- Assistance with presentations
- Respond to individual queries raised by the Community Legacy Fundraiser
- Supply information on legacies bequeathed in the Kent Region
- Handle thanking and 'stewardship' of all legacy supporters
For more details - Contact: Community Fundraiser, 0808 802 8080 or email:
Click here for the online application form. Or Paper Copy Here.