Our Area Community Support Team are here to help. We are part of the Legion's extensive Poppy Support services. If you are serving, have served or are the dependent or carer of someone who has served in the UK's Armed Forces, then you are eligible for our help.
We can offer financial aid in an urgent crisis, help homeless ex-Service people get back on their feet, advise on compensation claims, offer careers advice for those looking to make a fresh start after leaving the Forces, arrange home or hospital visits and much more, including:
- War pensions and compensation claims
- Inquest advice
- Benevolent / welfare help
- Benefits and money advice
- Independent living
- Care homes
- Poppy Breaks, Family Holiday Breaks and Adventure Breaks
For assistance, get in touch with us via one of the following:
1. Our telephone helpline is open 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. Call 0808 802 8080 (free from UK landlines and main mobile networks).
2. Pop in and see us at our new Pop-In Centre in Southampton to chat to one of our Advice & Information officers. Located on Above Bar Street, close to car parks, bus stops and the train station, we are open 10am - 4pm, Mon-Fri.
3. You can also use our online self-help knowledge base to find the information you need.
Independent Living and Handy Vans
The Royal British Legion’s Independent Living Service covers England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We offer beneficiaries a high quality, friendly and professional service to live safe and well at home. The Independent Living Service comprises of two services; the Independent Living Advice Service and the Legion Handy Van Service.
Calll our friendly contact centre on: 0808 802 8080. Open 8am-8pm 7 days a week.
Visit one of our pop in centres: http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-support/the-legionnear-you/
Admiral Nurses can offer specialist support, information and advice to the carers of people with dementia. Call 02382 025787.
Free Will-Writing service
Have you made a will? To say thank you for their loyalty to the charity, members, supporters and employees are invited to make a will free of charge through the Legion's membership of the National Free Wills Network.
If you are interested in the no-strings-attached service, email email@example.com with your name and address or telephone the Legion's Legacy Coordinator Charlotte Forristal on 0203 053 7087