A memorial walk is to be held for the soldier Drummer Lee Rigby who lost his life in May 2013. It is also as a mark of unity and respect for his comrades in the armed forces. The walk will form up at 1.30 to set off promtly at 2pm. Start location - Artillery Place Woolwich SE18 4AB Sunday 9th June 2013 and will to finish at the site where this soldier passed away. A candle lit vigil and 2 minutes silence will close the proceedings.
Marshals present at the Woolwich Arsenal DLR, which will have Hi Visibility tops on, They will take Royal British Legion Members and other VIP’s to the event location and will direct others, please report to the marshals on arrival.
- The Event will start at 2pm at Point (A) on the map attached to this document where the the vigil and 2 minute silence, which will end with the Last Post, Nimrod The Hunter will be played and Jamie Howe and Guest will make speeches.
- When instructed, all will take up places as instructed, and when ready The Pipes and Drums Clan gathering will begin their music and commence the procession to Point (B) which is at the front of the Barracks.
- The laying of flowers and show of appreciation to the troops present by applauding them for their service and bravery. The Pipes and Drums Clan Gathering will play a tune to the troops on site.
- Then reform and the band will play music and continue the procession to the final destination.
- Final destination point (C) on the map, is to move onto the grass area in front of the barracks where the final ceremony will take place and balloons released, music that will be played will be Flowers Of The Forest.
- Once event has concluded and everyone is ready to leave, the Marshals will escort RBL and VIP’s back to Woolwich Arsenal DLR so they can continue their journey home.