RBL 100 Celebration and Poppy Appeal Event
18 September 2021, 1.00pm – 5pm , Venue: Heston RBL
LOCATION HESTON RBL CLUB, 79 New Heston Road, Hounslow, TW5 0LG, TW5 0LG
The tickets are £4:00 per RBL member and £5:00 for non-members, children under 5 years free. Membership cards will be required to be shown at the door for the reduced rate. Tickets will be on sale at the gate and entitles you to a burger or hotdog in bun, soft drink and100 celebration cake.
13:00 Event formally opened by The Mayor, Councillor Bishnu Gurung.
Raffle tickets on sale throughout the afternoon
13:30 BBQ ongoing
14:30 Poppy themed - Fancy Dress competition
(awards to 1st and 2nd place winners
15:00 Bingo Sessions
16:30 100 Celebration cake handed out
Raffle prize winners draw
17:00 Close and disperse.
RAFFLE AND PRIZES
- BOOTS vouchers
- B&Q store vouchers
- COSCO donation
- Individual donations
- RBL Information
- Wet sponge
- Coconut shy
- Children's lucky dip
- A cash bar all afternoon.
Entrance fee includes:
- Barbeque: burger or hot dog in bun with soft drink
- Frozen popsicle for children
- Slice of birthday cake to take home
Secure you place by confirming how many tickets, required by emailing: GreaterLondon.Chairman@RBL.Community by 31 August 2021. All monies raised will be donated to the Poppy Appeal.
The new Royal British Legion logo and brand identity is launched in it's 100th Year Anniversary.
If you would like to join an affiliated Legion social club, see the branch list where nearly half have RBL social clubs operating.
Membership costs £18 a year, although individual branches may also charge a small administration fee on top. Social Club fees incur additional fees and vary according to the individual club.
Click on map to see the index of branches.
See what membership offers you or see Legion footage on our YouTube site.
Ceremonial and Standard Bearer Training
GLD Facebook Group
A Facebook Group has been setup for those that want to share Members’ information and activity, going on across the London area. It is a closed group, so you would need to join, view, post and share information.
Please feel free to promote any RBL fundraising, social events, parades, ceremonies, Remembrance activity, exhibitions and any other appropriate information that Members would find interesting.
- Please do not share anything deemed offensive, sexual, abusive or derogatory.
- Even if something may seem ok to you, consider other people’s feelings and respect their views, religions and cultures.
- Do not on any account enter into any arguments or ‘mud-slinging’.
- The Royal British Legion is legally required to remain politically neutral.
- encouraging or engaging in political debates or conversations
- expressing personal political, religious or other views that could be deemed offensive
- sharing or retweeting politician’s tweets about policy matters
- you must never share confidential, personal, financial or sensitive information.
Any information that violates this code will be removed, monitoring of the site takes place on a weekly basis.
Unacceptable behaviour on social media could result referral to the Legion Complaints Procedure.
Goodbye to Pop In Centres - 'Pop In' Centre at Borough High Street'
Here for you
We support serving and ex-service people, and their families with a whole range of services; from advice on war pensions, providing emotional support, small kitchen appliances to a walk-in shower room and much more besides. If you need our help, then please get in touch with us. See how we can help or call the Freephone 0808 8028080.
Legion's National Events calendar