The role of the Visitor Volunteer is to provide comradeship to individual beneficiaries in their home, in hospital or within the community.
This is achieved through a number of tasks:
- Make contact with and arrange to visit beneficiaries as requested by the Area team or local Branch.
- Carry out visits to provide companionship to those isolated, unwell or in need of support.
- Where appropriate, work with members of the Area team to research and identify activities and opportunities which may be suitable and of interest to particular beneficiaries, providing valuable input into the development of local knowledge.
- Refer further domestic needs to the Area team and report back regularly on number and frequency of visits.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the work of the Legion and its services and support for beneficiaries.
If you are interested please see the link below for more detail:
Vounteer Role Description; Expression of Interest