History of Tetbury & District Branch
The British Legion was formed on 6 June 1921, taking over the function of the Old Comrades Association. The Tetbury and District Branch dates back to 10 May 1923. Little is known about its origins.
Donations are made to the Gloucestershire County Welfare Fund, the County Mobility Fund and Somerset House Rest and Convalescent Home when funds are surplus to requirements.
An active Welfare Committee deals with requests for advice and assistance from ex-Service people and their dependants in Tetbury and the surrounding area. The sick and housebound are regularly visited.