Welcome to the Ramsey & District Branch
Ramsey & District Branch
If you know someone that is in self Isolation and needs some help please let us know via the Branch Secretary
We hope you and you loved ones are as well as possible during this difficult and strange time for us all.
Right now all of our community facilities are obviously closed, so we have just set up a Cambridge Virtual Community Centre (CVCC) on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cambridgevcc/
Further information about CVCC is below:
The idea is that CVCC will replicate a community facility providing content that includes room for:
- Older People – addressing loneliness, lack of engagement and social interaction, long term self isolation, access to knowledge and skills, local information etc
- Arts & Culture – things to see and do, signposting national and local creative content, linking people virtually to venues and spaces etc
- Mental Health & Well Being – positive activities to support physical and mental well being, encouraging people to maintain activity levels, addressing inactivity, listening and talking
- Families and Children – including parents and carers, under 5s, 5 – 11s and young people, ideas and activities, neighbourhood engagement, staying safe and engaged
- CVCC will focus on promoting positive health and wellbeing messages, encouraging people to explore new activities, access resources and develop skills as well as sharing practical information (local and global).
CCVC is a virtual community space to share positive ideas, support and inspiration, encouraging everybody in Cambridge to remain safe and resilient during the ever-changing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Royal British Legion is the UK's leading Armed Forces charity and one of its largest membership organisations. Members get together through the network of branches and clubs all over the country and overseas to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities.
Ramsey & District Branch meets at 19.30 every third Wednesday of the month at the The Committee Room, The Royal British Legion Club, Cricketfield Rd, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire PE26 1BG. See map for directions.
Membership is open to everyone. If you have an interest in the objectives of the Legion and want to help and support for those who have served and their families, come and join us. We welcome men and women of all ages, whether they have served in the Armed Forces or not.
Legion membership ensures that
- Remembrance is kept alive and that the sacrifices our brave Service men and women have made are never forgotten.
- The ex-Service community have a voice and that their concerns are brought to the public eye.
Becoming a member also provides the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities and events held locally, regionally and nationally throughout the year.
Use the link below to join online now.
If you have any problems with our online joining, please phone 0808 802 8080 and one of our staff will be happy to process your membership application over the phone.
If you wish to contact us or to report any inaccuracies or omissions on this site, please email Ramsey.Secretary@RBL.Community
About The Royal British Legion
We provide financial, social and emotional care and support to all members of the British Armed Forces - past and present and their families. The Legion is also the national Custodian of Remembrance and safeguards the Military Covenant between the nation and its Armed Forces and is best known for the annual Poppy Appeal and its emblem the red poppy.
Founded in 1921, the Legion is not just about those who fought in the two World Wars of the last century, but also about those involved in the many conflicts since 1945 and those still fighting for the freedom we enjoy today.
Visit www.britishlegion.org.uk for details of our national initiatives.
WASH YOUR HAND REGULARLY and FOLLOW GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES TO KEEP SAFE.