Outside the City of Lincoln Branch the wider Legion has a presence in the city that provides support to Legion Members, Branch Officials, beneficiaries and public information.
The Lincoln Office is located at Clasket House, Clasketgate, Lincoln LN2 1LD and is classed as a Secondary Office, there are similar offices in both Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire, with the main East Midlands Area Office being situated in Derby.
The office is a small, comprised of 2 main rooms and a store room. One room is a dedicated training/meeting room and is also used as an interview room. The other room is split into two by free standing partitions, an office side and a public side. In the office side there are 3 desks with computers that are used on a hot desk basis (first come first served); on the public side there is a seating area with information about the Legion and a desk with a computer that has internet access so that information can be provided to beneficiaries.
The Lincoln Office is used by Membership and Operations Staff and occasionally by the Community Fundraiser. The normal opening hours are:
Date Time Main User
Monday 0900 – 1600 Membership
Tuesday 0900 – 1600 Operations
Wednesday 0900 – 1600 Operations
Thursday 1000 – 1700 Operations
Friday Not normally open
Membership consists of the Membership Support Officer and members of the County Committee. Operations consist of Case Officers and Advice and Information Officers and Information Volunteers. Case Officers have bookable appointment slots on Tuesday and Thursday and on a Wednesday an Outreach is run from the office. Whilst there are designated users for 4 of the 5 days the Lincoln Office is always open for people to drop in and make enquiries.
Access to Legion Help & Advice
In addition to contacting a Branch/County Committee for assistance, people can obtain Help Advice and Support via the following touch points. The Legion operates a Committed Service Promise to acknowledge your request within 2 Working Days:
1. Email: MSOEastMids MSOEastMids@britishlegion.org.uk
2. Email: email@example.com
3. Telephone: Contact Centre helpline 0808 802 8080 (8am to 8pm, 7 days per week) – their enquiry will come into the East Midlands Area queue and be allocated appropriately.
4. Online Live Chat: Access the online Launch live chat at http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/ (8am to 8pm, 7 days per week) – this is a ‘live’ person to person online web chat.
5. Online Knowledge Base: Members may access the Knowledge base online at http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/ – here they will find many answers (and documents) by using the search facility.
6. Find us locally face to face: Members may access the website to find their most local Outreach/Drop in centre: http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-support/the-legion-near-you/find-the-legion-near-you/ – here they will find ‘face to face’ help.