Welcome to the Hallamshire Branch of The Royal British Legion
About the Hallamshire Branch
The Hallamshire Branch meets at the Crookes Social Club, Mulehouse Road, Crookes, Sheffield, S10 1TD on the last Thursday of every month at 7.30pm. Click here to view a map of our meeting place.
We are a small Branch consisting of around 25 members who collectively have seen a wide range of active service both at home and throughout the world. This includes:
- HMS Oracle (HM Submarines 3rd Submarine Squadron); Royal Navy
- HMS Southampton, HMS Liverpool, HMS Manchester (Operations Branch Type 42 Destroyers); Royal Navy, Gulf War
- Royal Artillery (Tunisia, Sicily, Italy) 1942 - 1946
- Auxiliary Territorial Service; 1943 - 1945
- No.1 Armoured Car Squadron; RAF Regiment, Luneburg (Germany) 1949 - 1953
- Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service; WW2
- Northumberland Fusiliers (Warminster, Gibraltar, Korea)
- Royal Corps of Signals; UK & Cyprus, 1955 - 1959
- Territorial Army; Royal Engineers
- National Service; Royal Air Force, 1956 - 1958
- Royal Air Force; Hong Kong and China, 1953 - 1958
Our previous President (deceased) had also served as a Royal Marines Commando, fighting in the Normandy Landings at Sword Beach, on June 6th 1944 before he later served in India.
Our Branch also includes members who have not served in the Armed Forces but nevertheless are proud to help and support The Royal British Legion to continue achieving its objectives of remembrance, fundraising and welfare.
If you wish to contact us for more information, to ask about how you can join or support us, or to report any inaccuracies or omissions on this site, please email us at email@example.com.
For Poppy Appeal enquiries and information, please email Gina Booker (Branch Poppy Appeal Organiser) at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find us on Facebook by searching for 'Hallamshire Branch'.
You can also find us on Twitter at 'Hallamshire_RBL'.
We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you!
About The Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion is the UK's leading Armed Forces charity and one of its largest membership organisations. Members get together through the network of branches and clubs all over the country and overseas to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities.
Membership is open to everyone. If you have an interest in the objectives of the Legion and want to help and support for those who have served and their families, come and join us. We welcome men and women of all ages, whether they have served in the Armed Forces or not.
Legion membership ensures that
- Remembrance is kept alive and that the sacrifices our brave Service men and women have made are never forgotten.
- The ex-Service community have a voice and that their concerns are brought to the public eye.
Becoming a member also provides the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities and events held locally, regionally and nationally throughout the year.
We provide financial, social and emotional care and support to all members of the British Armed Forces - past and present and their families. The Legion is also the national Custodian of Remembrance and safeguards the Military Covenant between the nation and its Armed Forces and is best known for the annual Poppy Appeal and its emblem the red poppy.
Founded in 1921, the Legion is not just about those who fought in the two World Wars of the last century, but also about those involved in the many conflicts since 1945 and those still fighting for the freedom we enjoy today.
Visit www.britishlegion.org.uk for details of our national initiatives.
Hallamshire Branch map